1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Submit an Online Police Report
  10. Tracy Municipal Code
  11. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments


What Stage of Water Conservation are we currently in?

The City of Tracy is currently in Stage 1 water use restrictions.  Click here for suggestions on Water Conservation Measures.

 How do I sign up for water, sewer, and garbage service?

The homeowner, renter, or business must contact the City's Finance Department at City Hall, 333 Civic Center Plaza (209) 831-6800, to sign up for water, sewer and garbage service. When moving, the homeowner, renter or business is also required to contact the Finance Department to close the account and make arrangements to have the water shut off.

Who can unplug my sewer line?

If there is a blockage in your sewer service line between your approved City cleanout (near the street) and the main line, the City will unplug the line. If the plug is between the cleanout and your home, it is your responsibility to unplug the line. Please contact (209) 831-6300 to report a plugged sewer.

Who repairs street lights or signals that are not working?

Utilities, Electrical Maintenance Section, maintains all City street lights and traffic signals. Please visit user.govoutreach.com/tracy or call (209) 831-4481 to report any problems. Please provide a location and pole number for street lights to facilitate repairs.

Who unplugs storm drains during street flooding?

Public Works, Maintenance and Operations Division, responds to flooded areas. Please call (209) 831-6300 to report the location.

What is my water pressure?

Public Works has compiled water pressure information throughout the City. Please call (209) 831-6300 to obtain the water pressure for your area.

Whom do I contact regarding the taste of my City water?

Please contact Public Works at (209) 831-6300 if you have concerns regarding the taste of your City water.

Where can I go to dump excess garbage, trash, etc.?

All garbage, trash, etc. can be taken to the Tracy Material Recovery Facility (MRF) located at 30703 South MacArthur Drive (209) 832-2355. The MRF is operated by Tracy Disposal Company.

Where can I recycle cans, etc.?

Recyclable materials can be taken to the Recycling Center operated by Tracy Disposal Company. The Center is located at 99 West 6th Street. For more information, call (209) 835-0601.

Does the City add fluoride to our water?

The public water supply does contain low levels of naturally occuring fluoride in its water supply. This naturally occuring fluoride typically is derived from erosion of natural mineral deposits.

Do we have hard water?

The City of Tracy obtains 97% of its public water supply from surface water sources: Stanislaus River via South San Joaquin Irrigation District (70% of water demand), San Joaquin Delta via the Delta Mendota Canal (27% of water demand ). Both surface water sources are treated to meet Federal/State water quality standards. The sources are considered to be low in minerals and considered soft water. The minerals which contribute to water hardness are calcium and magnesium and are primarily found in groundwater sources (well water). Since the City of Tracy utilizes surface water which is soft, hardness is not an issue. Therefore water softeners are no longer needed in Tracy.

A money saving tip: If you have a water softener, turn it off and see if you notice a difference. If you continue to run your water softener, set the water quality/ hardness setting for 2 grains per gallon which will reduce the amount of salt used.

Does the City have an RV dump and does it cost anything?

Yes the City does have an RV dump located at 3900 Holly Drive and is no cost to Tracy residents.

Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel