1. Join E-Subscriptions
  2. Submit a Service Request
  3. Pay Your City Utility Bill
  4. Sign Up for a Class
  5. eTrakit/Online Permitting
  6. Employment Opportunities
  7. Buy Grand Theatre Tickets
  8. Watch Live Council Meetings
  9. Submit an Online Police Report
  10. Tracy Municipal Code
  11. Master Fee Schedule

City Departments

Press Release


The sale and use of safe and sane fireworks is prohibited after July 4th

Posted: Jul 7, 2020
Location: Tracy, Calif.

  Following the Fourth of July Holiday, the Tracy Police Department continues to encourage residents to report illegal fireworks activity to help protect the safety and well-being of the community. The sale and use of safe and sane fireworks is prohibited within Tracy City limits as of 12:01am on July 5, 2020. The sale or use of illegal fireworks is prohibited year-round, and is a violation of Section 12671 of the California Health and Safety Code, and Chapter 3.04 of the Tracy Municipal Code.  Violations can range from minor confiscation to more serious misdemeanor charges that may result in up to one year in county jail and/or a fine of $1,000 to $5,000. Typically, safe and sane fireworks are those that do not leave the ground, and do not send projectiles into the air or explode. Illegal fireworks include but are not limited to firecrackers, torpedoes, skyrockets, bottle rockets, shells, aerial bombs, flying spinners, and roman candles.


There are several easy ways that the public can report illegal firework activity:

1. Call the Tracy Police Department non-emergency number at (209) 831-6550.

2. Contact Tracy Crime Stoppers anonymously at (209) 831-4847, download the P3Tips App through the Apple App store or Google Play store, or visit www.tracycrimestoppers.com. Crime Stoppers may reward you for information that leads to the arrest of someone feloniously selling or possessing illegal fireworks.

3. Download the GoRequest App on an Apple or Android device. Through GoRequest you can report an issue, provide location information, and submit a photo.

·         To download the GoRequest App on an Apple or Android device:
– Head to the Apple App store or Google Play store and type in ‘Go Request’
– Click download
– Once you open the App, select your agency (City of Tracy)

·         To report the illegal use of fireworks on the GoRequest app:
– Click on the ‘Fireworks’ icon
– On this screen you will be able to enter in your service request, location information, pictures,  

   and contact information (optional)
– Click ‘Submit’ on the top right corner


4. Submit a Government Outreach request via the City of Tracy website. On the City website homepage click on the ‘Contact Us’ link in the upper right corner, click on the ‘Contact Form’ link, select ‘Fireworks’ then enter your service request.


IMAGE: GoRequest Navigation Infographic


Sergeant Miguel Contreras, Chief of Staff/Public Information Officer

Tracy Police Department

(209) 831-6618





Sitemap   |   Privacy Policy   |   Site Policy   |   Employee Login   |  
Bookmark and Share               
Website Design and Development by Jel